Your Home Remodeling Contractor Should Be a Design Build Contractor
What is a Design Build Contractor?
A design-build contractor is responsible for designing your room addition or remodeling project using your direct input, creating the construction documents – including the plans, and building the project from those documents. Many, like Leading Edge Homes, Inc. draw the plans and give you a chance to “see” your project in 3-D, before the plans are finalized.
The Advantages of a Home Remodeling Contractor that is a Design Build Contractor
● A single point of responsibility and eliminates the “finger pointing” inherent in the classic design-bid-build system between the architect and contractor
● A higher likelihood that the project will be constructed within the homeowner’s budget because the work scope and finish materials that impact a project’s final cost is discussed up front
● Enhanced communication
● Working with a construction expert and design professional at the same time ensures that potential problems are discovered and discussed before the project starts
● Faster creation of the construction documents and, if needed, faster turnaround of revisions
● Better quality control by removing ambiguity that may arise in material and construction specifications because the designer, engineer and contractor are on the same team so the focus remains on protecting the client’s interest
● Quicker overall time frame from initial homeowner consultation to project completion
For more information contact Leading Edge Homes, Inc. by visiting their website or calling 561-795-2551.