Your bathroom is one of the most heavily trafficked places in your home.
Bathrooms need updates and maintenance because the constant use and moisture may contribute to the breakdown of the major components over time. Your family’s changing needs may also require an update including taller or shorter counters, handicapped accessibility or other modifications; or you may want to get a fresh start by revising a layout, remodeling to add storage, or replacing fixtures.
Before you remodel or do a bathroom update there are many things to consider:
● Layout of room, take space away from adjacent room or add on to house
● Location of sewer and water supply lines
● Vanity or kitchen height cabinets
● Cabinets, pedestal lavatory, or furniture
● Traditional shower head/valve or multiple heads and body sprays
● Tub – reglaze, replace, material, whirlpool function, soaking, walk-in
● Faucets – single or two handle, style, finish, how many
● Medicine cabinet – side wall mounted or in front of lavatory with mirror, not at all, grade
● Shower doors or 5’ wall with cap
● Recessed niches or radius shelves
● Grab bars or backing inside walls for future installation
● Wall materials – tile, cultured marble, granite, etc.
● Toilet – standard, one piece, ADA height, colors
● Quiet exhaust fan ducted outside – optional heat, light
● Lighting – recessed, wall-mounted, sconces, etc.
● Dropped ceiling over shower
● Additional GFI receptacles beyond code
● Towel bars – number, location, style to match faucet handles
If you are considering a bathroom update or adding a new bathroom and have questions, you can contact Leading Edge Homes, Inc. through their website, complete the comment section of this post, or call 561-795-2551.
Leading Edge Homes, Inc. is a Florida certified building contractor specializing in improving your lifestyle through room additions, bathroom renovations, kitchen updates, and hurricane-resistant screen enclosures. In business since 1991, the most important thing they demolish is your stress and build is your trust. Contact them at 561-795-2551 or visit their website to discover how they can help you with your next home remodeling project in Palm Beach County.