Questions to Ask Before – SELECTING A PROFESSIONAL HOME REMODELING CONTRACTOR
BEFORE You Select a Home Remodeling Contractor
Whether you plan to hire a professional remodeling contractor to build an addition, remodel your kitchen, update your bathroom, or any other home renovation project, it is important to do a “background check” on your home improvement specialist. Here are some of the questions that you should ask, before you choose a contractor.
1. Show me a copy of your up-to-date contracting license in Florida showing proper classification for the type of job I am considering.
2. Give me a list of all the businesses in which you have been an owner, shareholder, or partner that have been in the home improvement or home remodeling business within the last ten years.
3. Have you or any of the owners of your company ever filed for bankruptcy for this or any other company that you or they owned or were a shareholder or partner in?
4. Provide me with a certificate of insurance for your company.
5. What is your payment policy for your subcontractors and what type of proof will I have that they have been paid?
SERVICE, FOLLOW-UP AND WARRANTIES
1. What is your warranty and what does it cover?
2. Have you ever repaired a project after the warranty expired without charging for it?
1. Who will be supervising my project on a day-to-day basis?
2. How many projects that are similar to mine have you completed?
3. What do you provide to help me understand what to expect during the remodeling process?
4. Do you have a written policy regarding tobacco, drug and alcohol use by your crews?
Review all the contractor’s answers. The quality contractor will stand out.
Whether your dream is to add a master bedroom suite, to complete a multi-room renovation project, or to makeover your bathroom or kitchen, Leading Edge Homes, Inc. has the experience to construct your project in a professional manner that exceeds your expectations.
Call them at 561-795-2551 and discover how their expertise as a design-build contractor can help you remodel your home.